First plant seven rows of P's:
Promptness, perserverance, preparation, participation, presence, purity, and performance.
Next, plant three rows of squash:
squash unfairness, squash criticism, squash indifference
Then plant seven rows of lettuce:
- Let us delegate responsibility
- Let us give assistance whenever necessary
- Let us recognize the importance of pooling ideas and encourage full and free ideas and encourage full and free discussion before decisions are made.
- Let us appreciate and respect the attitudes of other people
- Let us encourage cooperation
- Let us arrive in advance of scheduled meetings, with all materials needed
- Let *us* be prepared
No garden is complete without turnips:
- Turn up for meetings
- Turn up with enthusiasm
- Turn up with new ideas
- Turn up with a smile
The harvest is one teriffic Patrol Leader.
adapted from Scouting Thoughts by Beverly "Sarge" Benner
Group Scout Leader